Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Long Years...

I really can't believe it's been ten years...a decade. That's a long time. My son was five years old when it happened. I have friends in their early, almost mid-20s now, they were about the age my son is now when it happened back then. September 11, 2001 has taken on the kind of power that only certain tragic incidents in our history develop.

Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941.

President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, murdered November 22, 1963.

There are more. Some of them not tragic but triumphant as well.

Watch...remember...


From a different angle...






"Lonely, ten second journeys..."


That second, horrible piece of video reminds me of part of "Have You Forgotten?" by Darryl Worley



"They took all the footage off my T.V.,
said it's too disturbing for you and me,
it'll just breed anger that's what the experts say,
if it was up to me I'd show it everyday,
some say this country's just out looking for a fight,
after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right...


Have you forgotten how it felt that day?
To see your homeland under fire,
and her people blown away,
have you forgotten when those towers fell?
we had neighbors still inside going thru a living hell,
and you say we shouldn't worry 'bout bin Laden...
have you forgotten?"



Yeah, all of our "betters" have decided that we don't need to see two people, facing being burned alive, deciding to hold hands and take that final step towards eternity...we don't need to see that. 

On the other hand, a lot of the stuff that has been going on with so-called, "security" in this country is the sort of thing that you read about in a George Orwell novel. As the modern saying goes, "It was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual." Referring to Orwell's novel, "1984."

A lot of my countrymen have confused jingoism with patriotism. They're not the same...but to many people...they are. 


No comments: