Friday, March 12, 2010

Cabela's GoreTex Bivy, Snugpak Merlin 3 and Katadyn Hiker Microfilter



Some important stuff, to say the least.

Look at how small the stuff is! That Snugpak Merlin is a bit fatter than a regular loaf of bread but shorter! The orange bag contains the Cabela's Bivy Shelter which has its own zippered pouch and can be folded and compressed much, much smaller but I have not mastered the tricky ways of the Cabela's Bivy folding, rolling and smashing procedure.

The Snugpak Merlin is rated down to 32 Degrees Fahrenheit. If I stick that into the Cabela's Bivy and add a Therm-a-Rest sleeping pad, which I am going to do, I'm fairly certain I am going to be able to survive all but arctic conditions...along with some common sense and perhaps a few other, simple things...

The green and khaki sheet is the rainfly to my Eureka! USMC Combat Tent and can serve as a ground sheet, the rolled up British DPM material is a Basha from Britain and the open pack is T.H.E. Pack from SpecOps Brand with the orange bag in view with the Cabela's GoreTex Bivy in that sack.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you tried the Snugpak Stratosphere Tent as an alternative to a Bivvy? it takes the same format but I find it provides a more spacious solution!