Friday, December 9, 2011

I picked up a Wife at Target...

it was my Wife though...she just turned 40. I'm 43...I guess some people would say this is stupid or childish behavior...we love each other and we have enough in life that we have to be serious about. When we get a chance to act like we're two little kids and our teenage son is not around...we do. You don't like it? Fine! Get out of my blog-house! 8-)

After I took her for a tour trying to find a copy of Aerosmith's stupendous 1970s release, "Get Your Wings," and being totally unsuccessful at Target...I always check out the flashlights and outdoors stuff...




I was SHOCKED!

Gerber's line of Bear Gryll's approved survival gear was there! Yes, the guy that will climb a greased aluminum lightpole to escape a stampede of scorpions high on crank, he stares back at you from the blister carded Gerber tools and doo-dads, dirty faced...

I've never watched an entire episode of the guy's show. Every time I see a glimpse of it he is doing something so incredibly stupid, I go back to VH-1 Classics or something...I mean, well...you know what I mean.


Gerber makes quality gear. Is it "high" quality...why...I don't rightly know anymore! I know they used to, I don't know about now and I don't know about the Gryll's line of gear. He is just funny to me...and the people that think that show is like a training program amuse me as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

May be just me but every time B Gryll appears on the haunted goldfish bowl, I tend to go and watch something less boring, like floorboards warping or paint drying. On the UK side of the pond the man is held in complete derision. If we want to learn anything survival orientated it’s a case of digging out the Ray Mears or Wes Hardin DVD’s unless they happen to be on another satellite channel, at least these gentlemen pass on the full, how, what, and why of any thing they do.